These gluten free chocolate cake are made with sweet potato and avocados! An easy paleo birthday or celebration cake that is moist and delicious.
- 2 cups raw sweet potato minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup black cocoa powder or regular
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3/4 cup sweet potato cubed
- 1/2 cup avocado
- 1/2 cup soft medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line the bottom of two 6" spring form cake pans with rounds of parchment paper.
- In a food processor mince sweet potato. Then in a blender combine all ingredients for cake until smooth.
- Divide batter in-between the two cake pans. Bake on 350F for 45-50 minutes then chill in freezer while you make frosting.
- For frosting, steam sweet potato cubes, then drain water, and chill in ice bath until cool. Then blend ingredients for frosting together in food processor until smooth and chill until ready to frost. See recipe notes on how to top off the cake. Store in fridge.
- Optional toppings: chocolate chips and/or chocolate glaze.
- How to make chocolate glaze: in a double boiler over medium heat melt 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and 2 tablespoons maples syrup. Once melted remove from heat, cool and use.