This easy oven baked Parmesan crusted tilapia is just wonderful with a crispy, flavorful Parmesan crust from only a few everyday ingredients.
- 1 pound Tilapia
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese - grated fresh if possible
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees convection. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Brush with oil.
- Wash and pat dry tilapia.
- Mix parmesan, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper in a shallow pan.
- Brush tilapia with oil on both sides and then dredge in the parmesan mixture patting the coating on. Place on the baking sheet.
- Place on the baking sheet. Take remaining parmesan mixture an pat on top of the already coated fish.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until flaky.
- You can use fresh or frozen tilapia that is completely thawed.
- The quality of the Parmesan cheese matters a lot in this recipe.
- I like to add a little extra topping just before going into the oven.