I made this for a neighbor and she really enjoyed it. Delicious, easy, and not a lot of ingredients!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease and flour 15x10-inch jelly roll pan. For the bars, in a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy. Blend in bananas and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a delicate brown and remove from heat immediately.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until smooth (it should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting). Using a spatula, spread the brown butter frosting over the warm bars (the frosting will be easier to spread while the bars are still warm).