This vegan broccoli cheese soup is SO thick, rich and creamy you would never know it’s dairy free, gluten free and healthy! It’s ready in only 15 minutes and SO easy to make!
- 2 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion minced
- 1 1/2 Cups Broccoli roughly chopped
- 2 Cups Reduced sodium vegetable broth.
- 1 Cup Roasted cashews soaked overnight *
- 1/2 Cup + 3 Tbsp Unsweetened almond milk
- 6 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 - 1 1/4 tsp Salt to taste **
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive up in a medium pot on medium/high heat. Add the minced onion and cook until lightly golden, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the stock, reduce the heat to medium and simmer while you make the cream.
- Drain the water from the cashews and place them into a high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix or Blendtec) along with the rest of the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Pour the cream into the soup, raise the temperature to medium and simmer until thickened, only 1-2 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper as needed.
- *I buy my cashews pre-roasted. Do not skip roasting, as it adds a lot of flavor. If your cashews aren't pre-roasted, bake them in a 375 degree oven for 7-10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Do this BEFORE soaking overnight.
- **I like it best with 1 1/4 tsp of salt, but I do like things salty, so I recommend starting with 1 tsp, tasting, and adding as needed